The IAIS (International Association of Insurance Supervisors) convened the 2016 Annual Conference in Asuncion, Paraguay on November 10-11, 2016.
Mack served as a panelist in the Session 5: Leveraging Insurance for Sustainable Growth and Development, moderated by Ms Siham Ramli, Director of Communication and International Affairs, Autorité de Contrôle des Assurances et de la Prévoyance Sociale, Morocco.
The following panelist explored ways governments can work across borders and in partnership with the insurance industry, to address environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities and be a platfom for growth and development, and also considered the significance of these initiatives for insurance supervisors.
- Ms Anna Maria D’Hustler, Secretary General, Geneva Association
- Mr Andreas Jobst, Advisor to Managing Director and CFO, World Bank
- Mr Bill Marcoux, Global Head of Insurance Corporate and Regulatory, DLA Piper and Chair, Insurance Development Forum (IDF) Regulatory Working Group
- Makoto Okubo, General Manager, International Affairs, New York Representative Office, Nippon Life, and Sherpa, APFF Insurance and Retirement Income Work Stream
- Ms Sekayi Campbell, Chief Actuary, Financial Services Commission, Jamaica, and Vice Chair, IAIS Financial Inclusion Working Group
Mack made a presentation regarding an overview of the APFF Work on insurance and pensions to promote sustainable growth and development in the Asia Pacific, covering introduction to the APFF, promotion of retirement savings, infrastructure investments, and long-term oriented regulatory and accounting issues.
Speech made by Mack Okubo at IAIS Annual Conference in Asuncion